Nutrition Service Worker
Job | Posted a month ago
Nutrition Service Worker
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours per day: 3.5
Hourly rate: $11.64
- Name: Unju Johnson
- Phone: 801-610-8030
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Nutrition Service Worker Contract is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the food service activities at assigned location with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving food items to students and/or school personnel; and maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; and operating equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
- Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. breads, desserts, etc.) for the purpose of serving them to students and staff in an efficient manner.
- Attends in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. (e.g. Food Handler's Permit training, safety meetings, etc.) for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas (e.g. oven, refrigerator, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
- Cooks food (e.g. breads, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes if required (e.g. tablespoons of salt, etc.) for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste of food items.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies (e.g. flour, serving trays, etc.) for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inventories food, condiments, supplies and equipment at specified intervals (e.g. flour, meats, spices, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition (e.g. mixer, etc.) for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Performs functions of other nutritional services positions, as requested by supervisor (e.g. account technician back-up, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services operations.
- Prepares food and beverage items (e.g. breads and desserts, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Reports equipment malfunctions (e.g. mixer, etc.) for the purpose of notifying supervisor of need for repair and/or replacement.
- Serves one or more items of food (e.g. breads and desserts, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired.
Food Handlers Permit
Maintain a food handlers permit
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338