Child Nutrition Secretary
COWETA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
2021-2022 School Year
JOB TITLE: SECRETARY CHILD NUTRITION
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and specialized vocational experience in or after high school in the field of secretarial and administrative procedures. One to two years in office administration and clerical skills, including word processing and data entry on computers.
Employee must be able to walk for 4 hours. Job requires occasional bending/stooping/squatting/crouching/kneeling, climbing, reaching above the shoulder and pushing/pulling. Job requires occasional carrying/lifting up to 50 pounds. Job requires employee to use both hands for repetitive actions involving simple/firm grasping and fine manipulation. Employee must possess hearing and speaking abilities to monitor equipment and communicate with employees, students, and parents. The Board of Education and Superintendent may approve alternatives to the listed qualifications.
CONTRACT: 200 Days Per Year
WORKING HOURS: 6 hours daily
REPORTS TO: Director of Child Nutrition
EVALUATED BY: Director of Child Nutrition
SUPERVISES: Does not supervise
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Processes all invoices for payment and maintains records.
- Compiles weekly and monthly participation and sales reports from all sites.
- Compiles claim forms and maintains support documentation.
- Updates and distributes food service agreements, contracts and policies.
- Maintains records of receipts and disbursements.
- Prepares summaries of deposits.
- Assists in application process for free and reduced meals.
- Orders and distributes office supplies and forms
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Superintendent.