Gifted and Talented Enrichment Specialist 21-22
Job Title: Gifted and Talented Enrichment Specialist
Department: School Improvement
Reports To: STEAM/Advanced Placement Director
Compensation Range: $36,000-$40,000base / $18,000 bonus potential
The Gifted and Talented (GT) Enrichment Specialist will provide support to assure that all students identified as Gifted and/or Talented are served in accordance with state law and Epic’s Exceptionally EPIC Gifted Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Act as an advocate for Exceptionally Epic Gifted/Talented students with the faculty, administration, and parents
- Able to disseminate information regarding the commonly found strengths and weaknesses of gifted students
- Develop and teach Exceptionally Epic enrichment classes through the Epic Live Platform
- Provide expertise in support of Epic’s curriculum to assist teachers and parents in making choices to meet the individual need of identified gifted students
- Develop and provide teachers with resources needed for grade-level curriculum extensions, content extensions, and other supportive activities for gifted students.
- Assist in management/training of the Renzulli Enrichment Learning Platform by enrolling students, teachers, and providing guidance with lesson plans and enrichment support for students participating in the program
- Assist teachers to develop alternative course work through curriculum modifications as needed
- Maintain updated knowledge of technologies as it pertains to teaching/learning virtually of gifted students
- Serve on the Local Advisory Committees for Epic’s Gifted Board
- Participate in professional development training opportunities, workshops, and/or college courses designed to assist in the area of gifted and talented education according to SDE guidelines
- Assist in the gifted and talented nomination and identification process, including the planning, testing of students, and review of student data
- Participate in the success of Epic Charter School
- Adhere to laws, policies, procedures, and ethical standards of Epic Charter School
- Assists Gifted Coordinator and Administration with other assignments as deemed necessary supporting Epic’s Gifted Program
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Participate in the district staff development program.
- Create and update in a timely manner training for EPIC staff.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required following district policy.
- Attend SDE training and stay abreast of updated laws.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Any other assignment deemed appropriate by the administration.
- No supervisory responsibilities for this role.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Valid Oklahoma teaching certificate
- Knowledge of instructional strategies for the education of gifted and talented students
- Knowledge of strategies and materials for the education of gifted and talented students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to present effectively and persuasively.
- Relationship-building and relationship management skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with stakeholders over the phone.
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, dependability, and follow-through
- Resolve issues and conflicts
- Passionate commitment to the mission of school choice
- Ability to maintain professional confidentiality and comply with FERPA guidelines
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret internal communications, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from families or members of the business community. Ability to communicate effectively with students, families and coworkers, both verbally and in writing.
Basic math skills required
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have computer proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office, and Google Tools. Must have a high aptitude to learn new software as necessary for the business operations of the school.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver's license and valid car insurance
- Oklahoma teaching certification required
- Must be able to pass a state-mandated background check after a conditional offer of employment is made
- Must have favorable employment references
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The person in this position works remotely from their home. Meetings in public places and at Epic offices are also required. The noise level is usually quiet to moderately loud (when students are present.)