OKC Elementary Blended Learning Center REGED Teacher 2021-2022
Epic Charter Schools
Job Title: Blended Learning Center Regular Education Teacher
Reports To: Principal
Compensation Range: $45,000 / $10,000 bonus potential
We are a unique learning environment that provides a non-traditional educational setting utilizing Internet-based, individualized self-paced instruction provided at our Blended Learning Centers. Epic Learning Center Teachers work in our learning center facility and are assigned students ranging from Pre-K through 6th grade.
Because we are a blended school, Epic Teachers must be self-starters with the ability to effectively teach the standards to a multi-grade classroom. They must be able to create a flexible teaching program and an environment favorable to individual student’s learning and personal growth. We employ teachers that can easily establish effective rapport with students and their families, motivating students to develop, in accordance with each student’s ability, the skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed for a good foundation for further success within the Epic Charter School program.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Have an eagerness to learn and a growth mindset;
- Hold exceptionally high standards for the quality of work and a reflex to improve at every turn;
- Have well-developed emotional intelligence and moral character;
- Possess an ability to build strong relationships, thoughtfully navigate challenging situations, and get excellent results from others; and
- Have problem-solving and clear communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with assigned students to provide instruction in the blended learning center environment
- Provide learning experiences and teach students in pre-reading, reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science and other electives.
- Use technology as an everyday tool for teaching, learning and communicating
- Directs the distribution of curriculum to students
- Teach students and their families how to use online curriculum and supplemental curriculum
- Provide consultation and/or technical assistance to students and families
- Adapt instruction and curriculum to the needs of the student
- Serves as a liaison between the school and family
- Assists families with the interpretation of Epic Charter School’s policies and procedures
- Work to coordinate, schedule, assess and implement appropriate instruction for each student
- Conducts assessments of student needs, including those with English as a second language
- Counsels with students to promote self-awareness, self-identity and positive social and academic skills
- Promote parental involvement in the learning process and parental responsibility
- Identify opportunities for additional tutoring for assigned students
- Communicate with parents, in a professional manner, through conferences and other means to discuss the student’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Assist students and families to select credited course work to advance the student towards graduation
- Perform administrative tasks for day-to-day management including: tracking student grades, managing schedules and meetings, conferring with the school, while scheduling and monitoring student course progress
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Review course work for every student
- Design, deliver, evaluate and revise a planned sequential developmentally appropriate program in accordance to district standards and indicators.
- Closely monitor and review student transcripts
- Maintain grades on the required database for school record
- Systematically develop, deliver and evaluate student planning Pre-K through 12th grade addressing academic goal setting and transition plans
- Develop and follow Individual Learning Plans to assist in developing measurable goals for continuous improvement of assigned students
- Stay current with relevant research and teaching/learning trends as required to improve academic achievement
- Understand school resources
- Maintain updated curriculum training
- Analyze data to evaluate the effectiveness of curriculum and teaching methods
- Develop guides and other support materials necessary for relevant programs while locating additional learning resources
- Work closely with other teachers in the development of lesson plans that encompass the use of technology
- Monitor progress of small groups using DIBELS Assessment
- Formulate new strategies to ensure that teaching to Epic Charter School standards is evident throughout the academic school year
- Report suspected child abuse/neglect
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or a related field required.
- Experience with classroom management preferred.
- Ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and demonstrates leadership abilities
- Ability to build effective relationships, work collaboratively and gain credibility quickly to instill confidence of teaching ability
- Strong decision making, organizational, planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Use effective positive interpersonal communication skills
- Resolve issues and conflicts
- Strong technology skills in up-to-date computer software including Zoom, word processing and spreadsheets
- Current on new instructional technologies
- Ability to coach, mentor and teach students ages 4 – 14
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others
- Demonstrates self-discipline and initiative
- Passionate commitment to the mission of school choice
- Ability to maintain professional confidentiality and comply with FERPA guidelines
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to communicate effectively with students, families and coworkers, both verbally and in writing. Ability to effectively present information to students, families and supervisor.
Basic math skills required
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Google applications, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Must have a high aptitude to learn new software as necessary for the business operations of the school.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver's license and valid car insurance
- Valid Oklahoma Teaching Certificate - Standard or Alternative (not Emergency)
- Google Certification Preferred
- Must be able to pass a state-mandated background check after a conditional offer of employment is made
- Must have favorable employment references
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Epic BLC Teachers work onsite at our Blended Learning Centers. The noise level is quiet to moderately loud (when students are present.)