Girls Wrestling Head Coach
Job | Posted a month ago
Non-contract, no benefits
Paid by Stipend
Starting date: 8/1/21
- Name: Rick Staford
- Phone: 801-610-8160
- Email: email@example.com
Mountain View High School Mission:
To help prepare our students for their future by providing the best education possible. We will do this by:
1.Endeavoring to graduate every student.
2.Delivering a college and career readiness education that will prepare our students to take their next step in life.
3.Offering our students opportunities to be involved in co-curricular, extracurricular and other social experiences that provide a balanced education.
Mountain View High School Vision:
1.Engage. Achieve. Contribute.
2.Our vision is to have every student join a club, sports, extra-curricular or co-curricular activity so that they have an engaging high school experience.
3.We want every student to know that they can achieve great things and that they can do difficult things and be successful. Do your best in everything you do at Mountain View, whether in the classroom, onstage or on the field.
4.We want every student to contribute to the success of others and to add to the legacy of excellence that has come to define Mountain View High School.
Mountain View High School Values/ Beliefs:
1.There is a place for every student.
2.We should focus on what we can control
3.We can successfully do hard and difficult things.
4.Everyone has a story.
5.We are role models
6.We instill hope and confidence
7.As a community, we help all students succeed and learn at high levels.
Candidates are desired to have experience and knowledge in coaching at the high school, all-star, and/or college levels.
This coaching position does not require a teaching certificate. Head coaches who are eminently qualified to teach classes may be paid the hourly teacher rate for one class period throughout the school year (est. 45-90 days≈ $3,000/semester), plus the Alpine District board approved extra-curricular stipend (1-2 yrs $2,803, 3-5 yrs $3,503, 6-10 yrs $4,204, 11-15 yrs $5,606, 16+ yrs $6,306.)
A teaching position may be available with this position if your skill set matches positions that are currently hiring at the school. More information will be given at interviews.
A coach must be able to:
- Coordinate team selection/tryouts
- Coordinate and run safe and effective practices, caring for the needs of the athletes
- Selects and prepares the competition team for local and national competitions
- Work, communicate, collaborate effectively with the athletes, staff, parents, administration and support staff in support of the school’s vision for the team
- Maintain a positive image for the school, community and team
- Engage in school and community events
- Support and motivate student athletes to do their best in academic studies.
- Develop sport-specific skills in athletes
- Provide individual instruction/guidance for student athletes in a constructive manner
- Adhere to state and NFHS safety guidelines, rules and regulations of the sport/activity
- Manage, plan and budget resources in conformity to Alpine School District regulations, policy and procedures (PACE)
- Manage, plan and provide fundraising opportunities for the team and individual costs associated with volleyball team (PACE)
- Oversee local and extended/out of state trips and events that are beneficial to the team and the schoo including the ordering of buses/transportation.
- Maintains team equipment, orders uniforms and gear
- Recommends assistant coaches for hire and instructs those coaches (There is one paid assistant stipend through ASD.)
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338