Head Girls Basketball Coach ~ UHS
POSITION: HEAD GIRLS’ BASKETBALL COACH with possible teaching position – UINTAH HIGH SCHOOL
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Uintah School District is committed to provide a teaching contract for the successful coaching candidate, when the candidate is a well-qualified and certified teacher
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Principal and Athletic Director, the head coach is to help participating students achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship.
The Head Coach will:
- Maintain team organization, discipline, and good relationships with people;
- Schedule and prepare for practices and games;
- Properly manage and care for equipment and supplies;
- Be responsible for the development of the program;
- Be an example of ethical behavior and moral character;
- Plan and chaperone any out-of-town games;
- Be responsible for managing budgets;
- Enforce and follow school and UHSAA policies;
- Take care of insurance, physicals and transportation forms;
- Work with appropriate school personnel in making transportation arrangements.
- High School Diploma required;
- Successful experience working with secondary students;
- Evidence of coaching experience, training or degree in coaching, experience as a coach or an advisor;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a teaching license.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following:
- A cover letter explaining clearly how you qualify/meet district expectations for the position;
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address your skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members;
- Copies of college transcripts (if applicable).
- Utah Teaching license (if applicable)
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
Salary: As per District UHSAA Sanctioned Coach Salary Schedule.
Deadline for Applying: Open until filled