FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Falls Church City Public Schools is seeking a Food Service Worker for the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year. Please go to our website, www.fccps.org/job openings, to apply.
Performs intermediate, semiskilled work preparing and serving meals and cleaning cafeterias, including preparing, cooking and serving meats, breads, vegetables and other food in accordance with the menu. Collects money and maintains records.
• Prepares and serves fruits, deserts, salads, soups and other foods
• May be assigned to one specific food preparation area or rotated through the full range of food services
• Washes pots, pans, kettles and other cooking utensils
• Operates dishwasher, mixer, chopper, slicer, steamers, ovens and other food service and mechanical equipment
• Cleans work surfaces, eating and food preparation area
• Sweeps and mops and performs other custodial duties as assigned
• Assists in estimating and ordering food supplies
• Receives and stocks food supplies, maintains sanitary conditions
• Serves as cashier when needed, collects money and maintains necessary records
• Performs related tasks as required