DISTRICT ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL ~ USD
UINTAH SCHOOL DISTRICT
635 West 200 South
Vernal, UT 84078
POSITION: DISTRICT ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL
ANTICIPATED LOCATION: LAPOINT ELEMENTARY
(210-day contract position with benefits)
District Expectations for Elementary Principal:
- A strong background and evidence of successful experience in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation.
- A strong background and evidence of successful experience in staff supervision and evaluation.
- Experience with standards-based curriculum and assessment.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership ability in previous assignments.
- Successful history of maintaining a well-disciplined atmosphere for staff and students.
- Successful experience working within a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of budgeting procedures and demonstrated ability to manage budget appropriations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with community groups and parents as well as students and staff.
- Maintain professional competencies through continued learning.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must hold an Administrative/Supervisory License or be willing to enroll in a program to earn the license with a three-year limitation for completion.
- Evidence of minimum of five years’ successful experience as a classroom teacher.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following:
- Completed teacher/administrator application; https://www.applitrack.com/uintah/onlineapp/
- An essay (maximum of one typewritten page) explaining clearly how you meet the above district expectations.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with children, parents, staff and community by means of a minimum of three letters of recommendation (one should be from a direct supervisor).
- Evidence of Utah Administrative/Supervisory License or evidence of enrollment in a program to earn the license.
- Evidence of a high standard of academic performance through provision of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
Salary: As per District Stipend Based Administrative Certificated Salary Schedule.
Link: Salary Schedule
Deadline for Applying: April 29th, 2021 @ 5:00pm
Beginning Date: August 2, 2021 (School Year 2021-2022)
Please Submit Complete Application Packet At: https://www.applitrack.com/uintah/onlineapp/
The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability, in admission or access to, or
treatment of employment or in its educational programs or activities. Discrimination inquiries may be referred to the Human Resources Director
at 635 West 200 South, Vernal -Ph. (435)781-3100.