Elementary Content Reviewer
Job | Posted 11 days ago
The Virtual Virginia (“VVA”) Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) will work with the K–8 Curriculum Development team to evaluate K–5 Reading courses as they are being written with the Virginia Standards of Learning.
VVA Curriculum Supervisor
- A passion and commitment for creating high-quality digital content
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Committed to equity and diversity
- Creative problem-solver with ability to identify and address issues proactively
- Ability to build authentic relationships among colleagues and supervisors
- A positive attitude, high degree of flexibility, curiosity to learn, creativity, dedication, resourcefulness, and energy
- Research standards that align with the course.
- Analyze course content and assessments for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Track standards alignment and determine if standards are not addressed.
- Provide written feedback to the curriculum team on the course alignment.
- Respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate a commitment to copyright compliance and accessibility standards in content development practices.
- Understand and apply Quality Matters principles and National Standards for Quality Online Courses to content development practices.
- Strong pedagogical knowledge and Reading/ELA content expertise at the K–5 level
- Demonstrated expertise in oral and written communication
- Curriculum development experience for online courses
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in teaching online with Virtual Virginia or another online provider
- Training in Quality Matters Understanding the K-12 Rubric and/or Reviewer Course
- Completion of the Teaching with Virtual Virginia training course
PO Box 2120 , Richmond, VA 23218
At the following locations
Virtual | Remote | Online
PO Box 790 , Charlotte Court House, VA 23923
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801