High School Principal 2021-2022
Posted a month ago
- At least five years’ successful experience in teaching and administration.
- A master’s degree or higher.
- A valid Principal’s license.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as Paradise Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Assistant Principals, Curriculum Instructional Specialist and such other staff members as Paradise Schools may designate.
JOB GOAL: To assist the Executive Director substantially and effectively in the task of providing leadership in developing, achieving, and maintaining the best possible educational programs and services.
- Provides leadership in the development of a research and a best practice based educational program for Paradise Schools.
- Assists the Executive Director in directing the administration and coordination of the district’s educational programs.
- Assists in the determination of types of programs needed by Paradise Schools and make appropriate recommendations.
- Plays a significant leadership role in curriculum planning and in-service education for the professional staff.
- Encourages experimental and innovative programs that will improve instruction.
- Keeps informed as to the operation of the instructional program for Paradise Schools for the purpose of evaluating the instructional program and for improving teaching procedures through conference, demonstration, and other supervisory techniques.
- Keeps informed on the latest research, trends, and developments in all areas of education.
- Participates in administrative meetings with the Leadership Team.
- Supervises, evaluates, and directs the work of Assistant Principals, Curriculum Instructional Specialists, Teachers and other support staff.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the recruitment and selection of a competent professional staff.
- Oversees the work of selecting, reprimanding, assigning, transferring and counseling employees.
- Assists the Executive Director in coordinating research and testing for measuring the effectiveness of the total educational program.
- Plays a significant leadership role in fostering professional growth and building of staff morale.
- Counsels with Executive Director, teachers, students, and parents relative to suspensions, expulsions, and student discipline.
- Coordinates the work of all school office staff.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of the budget.
- Keeps informed of and interprets all laws, regulations, statutes, rules, and policies affecting Paradise Schools.
- Consults with staff members about school departmental problems, particularly problems regarding personnel and the implementation of governing board policies and administrative rules.
- Assists in the development of Paradise Schools policies and administrative rules.
- Communicates to the Executive Director the requirements and needs of Paradise Schools as perceived by staff members.
- Attends board meetings and prepares such reports for the board as the Executive Director may request.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as Paradise Schools may from time to time assign.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: As determined by Executive Director
EVALUATION: Annually at a minimum by Executive Director