Student Information Technologist
Job Title: Student Information Technologist Department: Information Technology
Description: Supports the planning, implementation, data entry, data retrieval, and assessment of school operations in relation to data processes and associated reporting to Federal, State, and local based on specific requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Experience working with data systems requiring the entering, retrieval, and updating of complex database records.
- Experience in a school environment working with student data is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the PowerSchool student information system is strongly preferred.
- Supports the implementation of and provides training for administrators, support staff, office staff, and instructional staff on the use of the school division’s student information system and associated applications.
- Develops and provides in-service activities and procedural documentation for enrollment, attendance, scheduling, and other student data operational functions.
- Submits various state and federal reports within required deadlines and verifies correctness of data reported.
- Creates and maintains data sharing interfaces between the student information system and various third party applications, including, but not limited to: food service systems, mass communication tools, student safety tools, instructional applications, standardized testing, and transportation routing.
- Stays current on new features and functionality changes associated with applicable application software version releases.
- Liaisons with other departments and applicable school-based personnel to ensure the proper bilateral transmission of various student data.
- Communicates with supervisor and other appropriate technology staff to schedule server and application upgrades involving the student information system and associated applications.
- Applies school board policies and procedures to student information processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some after hours work may be needed during certain time-frames (for example, starting of the school year) and to meet reporting deadlines.
- Ability to read and analyze complex technical specifications.
- Ability to access, operate, and maintain various software applications.
- Possesses good organizational, communication, and human relation skills.
- Ability to learn and implement new software and data concepts.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with division staff, parents, other stakeholders, and outside vendors.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality and ethical use of information contained in student and staff records.
- Ability to work independently and for extended periods of time at a computer / keyboard.
To apply electronically please visit https://www.applitrack.com/southampton/onlineapp/
Southampton County Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws in employment or any of its programs or activities. The Compliance Officer for Southampton County Public Schools for the above statues is the Director of Human Resources. P.O. Box 96, 21308 Plank Road, Courtland, VA. 23837, (757) 653-2692