Job | Posted 2 months ago
Altar Valley School District #51
REPORTS TO: Exceptional Services Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
SALARY: $33,000-$37,000 TBD based on experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses appropriate testing and diagnostic practices to assess students referred for evaluation.
- Assists in identifying students with disabilities according to federal and state eligibility guidelines.
- Evaluates students at the preschool level to assist in determining eligibility for preschool services.
- Makes recommendations for placement and strategies to assist students with learning and/or behavioral difficulties.
- Attends IEP, MET, and other meetings to interpret psycho-educational results and assists with placement of special education students.
- Prepares and submits reports on all students evaluated.
- Consults with RTI, SAP, and Intervention teams as needed.
- Assists with in-service training.
- Attends conferences and workshops pertaining to school psychology and keeps abreast of new developments in the field.
- Serves as a liaison with parents, school personnel, and community sources that provide educationally-related support services.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
- Valid Arizona School Psychology certificate is required.
- Master’s degree in psychology
- Demonstrated interest and experience in student development in a professional environment
- Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted childcare methods and behavior management techniques and knowledge of relevant government regulations.
- Ability to operate standard office and computer equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with children and adults.
- Skills in working effectively with students and families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situation.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community business members.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Computer Proficiency: Utilizes all appropriate, available and relevant technology to ensure duties are performed effectively.
Altar Valley Elementary District
10105 S. Sasabe Rd , Tucson, AZ 85736
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143