Art teacher, Visual - BTS Grant
Job | Posted 17 days ago
- Elementary 1-8
- Elementary K-6
Art Teacher - BTS Grant
To develop students' interest, abilities, talents and skills for artistic expression and creativity in the visual arts, as well as aesthetic understanding and appreciation by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; developing lesson plans; modeling the necessary skills to performing assigned tasks; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Develops and administers school art curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for art instruction.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in art, including crafts, drawing, painting, lettering, design, commercial art, art history, and three-dimensional art to secondary pupils, following the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provides instruction by which pupils develop aesthetic concepts and appreciation and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art, art appreciation and what constitutes art.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student skills and learning in artistic techniques and expression, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Demonstrates techniques in activities such as drawing, painting, and modeling, using standard and teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and working time.
- Instructs pupils in proper care and use of tools and equipment used in art classes.
- Evaluates each pupil's performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepares progress reports.
- Plans and presents art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit pupils' work for the school and the community. May sponsor exhibits from outside.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other school professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, art materials, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current art instructional teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of art curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338