Must hold a certificate issued by Florida Department of Education.
The certificate must be in one of the following types: Professional Certificate, Temporary Certificate, Statement of Status of Eligibility.
The certificate position area must be in one of the following areas: Computers, Elementary Teacher, Success for All, Title I, Biology/Life Science, Chemistry, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Physics, Science (General), Space Science, Architecture, Drafting and Design, Biomedical, Communications, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Science, Construction, Electronics, Energy and Power, Engineering, Graphics/CAD, Industrial Systems, Information, Instructional, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Transportation, Distribution and Logistics.
The certificate must be in one of the following grades: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.
The certificate status must be active.
AcadeMir Charter Schools is a high-performing, AdvancED Accredited A+ public charter school system, serving students in K-8 in Miami Dade County, Florida. Our mission is to provide students with a well-rounded education with special emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) and utilizing research-based, innovative instructional methods in a stimulating environment. As such we are looking for a STEM Highly Qualified PLTW Engineering Teacher for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. This teacher will have effective classroom management skills as it relates to the safe learning environment, discipline, and assessment. Discover and develop special talents of students in the field of engineering to help them to reach their highest potential in class and extracurricular activities. Prepare each student to meet the Florida Department of Education PLTW Engineering Course Standards. Have the ability to be flexible in working with students at all developmental levels. Have skills in human relations and conflict management.
1. Prepare and deliver rigorous, engaging, and project-based instruction to students in grades 9-12 using the PLTW engineering curriculum
2. Utilize the PLTW Curriculum and conduct the required projects and instruction using the necessary software.
3. Present subject matter to students, using various teaching methods and technology, adjusting teaching style and method to meet the student learning style
4. Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods (e.g., lectures, technology, discussions)
5. Must have completed or be willing to complete Project Lead the Way training for IED course during summer 2022.
6. Teach courses in related engineering to the students, utilizing course of study adopted by the District, FL State, and other appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
7. Develop lesson plans to demonstrate the engineering course concepts using models, other available technology methods, and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids, accommodations which ESE and section 504 students need.
8. Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
9. Design learning activities that will relate engineering to the physical world.
10. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive, and safe classroom environment.