Title I Paraprofessional
Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to assist certified professional staff with students in the classroom to meet instructional goals and objectives, and to work directly with students during intervention times.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists and guides students to reinforce reading, language arts, math, and other skills.
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs.
- Assists professional staff in the administration and correction of classroom exercises, tests and assessments.
- Assists in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
- Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
- Constructs, copies, distributes and uses educational materials as needed.
- ?Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students, including those with disabilities or other special needs.
- Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
- Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Northlake Elementary is a Title 1 school, so candidate must:
- Have a minimum of 48 semester hours from an accredited institution of higher education.
2. Have an associate's (or higher) degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
3. Passed the ParaPro Test by ETS with a score of 460 or higher.
***ParaPro Test to be administered upon hire to candidates not meeting any of the above requirements.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
*22-24 hours per week-Time card.
Support Professional Employees Salary Schedule: Level A1 - $12.25 per hour
Not Benefit eligible