Earth Science Teacher (Anticipated)
TITLE: Earth Science Teacher (Biology & Chemistry endorsements are encouraged to apply and will be considered)
This position is __X___ exempt or _______ non-exempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assume responsibility for the planning and delivery of instruction designed for student learning in the classroom and the school.
REPORTS TO: School Principal
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Holds a professional license with a teaching endorsement at the appropriate level (elementary, middle, or high school)
- Demonstrates professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, parents, school personnel, and members of the community
- Ability to move about in room to monitor students and check work in classrooms with varied seating and desk organization patterns
- Ability to travel to more than one work location in the course of the day if assigned to an itinerant position
- Ability to prepare required written reports
- Ability to monitor and ensure appropriate student behavior, including outdoor activity areas, gymnasiums, etc.
- Possesses high moral standards and integrity
- Plans and prepares for classroom instruction
- Provides a positive classroom environment that promotes student learning
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies to meet varied student needs
- Complies with state laws, school board policies, and administrative regulations
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed for an orderly, productive classroom and school
- Encourages the productive citizenship and respectful conduct of students
- Monitors and assesses student progress
- Identifies resources and personnel to meet the needs of individual students
- Maintains accurate, complete records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
- Informs parents regarding student progress, the instructional program, and other school issues
- Demonstrates positive school-community relations
- Works cooperatively with colleagues, support staff, and administration
- Engages in professional growth activities and demonstrates professionalism
- Identifies needed resources and materials for classroom instruction
- Contributes to the total school program
- Performs other duties as assigned by school administrator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 200 day contract. Salary According to School Board Pay Plan.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with school board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of certificated personnel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and duties as assigned by the school administrator. Richmond County Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.