Clinic Assistant CES/FB
Job | Posted a month ago
Title: Clinic Assistant
Creekside Elementary/Florence Bowser Elementary
Salary: $23,945 - $36,484
- Performs responsible paraprofessional work assisting the school nurse by providing care for ill and injured students; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the School Nurse.
- Providing nursing care and physical screening to students; assisting in the maintenance and operation of a school clinic.
- Performs health care services to students in school system;
- Performs nursing assessment of students sent to school health clinic;
- After observation and assessment, counsels student and reports problems observed to registered nurse;
- Administers medications and first-aid;
- Assists with screening and testing students for hearing and vision problems, height, weight and blood pressure;
- Keeps logs of visits and care given; maintains adequate clinic supplies;
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Uses medical equipment to provide health care to students/staff, including, but not limited to, blood glucose monitor, stethoscopes, thermometers, sphygmomanometers.
- Uses personal computers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the common medical practices, procedures and techniques associated with a standard physical examination;
- some knowledge of the preliminary diagnosis of medical problems and the administration of medications related to treatment and first aid;
- ability to administer medications and apply therapeutic treatments as required;
- ability to follow technical oral and written instructions in exact detail;
- ability to maintain accurate records.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Work in standard school building environment.
- Exposure to body secretions, blood borne pathogens, medicine and medicinal supplies, illnesses and diseases.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
License or Certificate:
- License Practical Nurse, designated as LPN. as defined and determined by state law, and currently licensed in the state.
- Current certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Suffolk Public Schools
P.O. Box 1549 100 N Main Street, Suffolk, VA 23439
At the following locations
Creekside Elementary School
1000 Bennetts Creek Park Road , Suffolk, VA 23435
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801