BHS Counselor for SY2021-2022
JOB TITLE: BARTLESVILLE HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELOR
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Master's Degree in Counseling.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Oklahoma Teaching Certificate with Counseling endorsement.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal,
EVALUATED BY: Building Principal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other pertinent data.
- Available to students in order to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding and maturity.
- Takes an active role in interpreting the school’s objective to students, parents and the community at large.
- Works with teachers and other staff members to familiarize them with the general range of services offered.
- Supervises the preparation and processing of college scholarship and applications.
- Initiates, assembles, maintains and interprets accurate health records, attendance records, cumulative progress records, activity records, and uniform transcript records for assigned students.
- Works effectively as a member of an educational team.