Utah School for the Deaf and Blind
If you are interested in a challenging and highly rewarding position working closely with individual students, this isthe position for you. This position is eligible for a onetime $500 retention bonus details will be discussed uponhire.
Please click on the following link to view a video with an overview on what it is like to be an Intervener!
As an Intervener you will:
- Work under the direction of a certified Deaf-Blind Teacher Specialist and the classroom instructor.
- Conduct one-on-one interventions in the classroom and/or community to provide clear and consistentsensory information to students who are both deaf and blind.
- Along with the classroom instructor, serve as the learner's contact person for all educational teammembers.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals in integrating the recommendations of the educationalteam in order that the learner may achieve his/her IEP/IFSP goals as determined by the IEP/IFSP team.
- Accompany, support and supervise student during community-based and classroom instruction.
- Facilitate interaction with teacher, other students, and community members.
- Facilitate language development and other identified needs.
- Provide clear and consistent communicated information to the learner who is deaf-blind.
- Facilitate the development of both expressive and receptive communication.
- Conduct interventions to enable the learner's participation alone and with peers/adults in activities androutines of the classroom, and/or the community, which may include learning through the use of naturalroutines and activities such as playing, toileting and other personal hygiene functions as necessary.
- Attend and complete ongoing in-service training as required.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate will possess ability to:
- identify and apply appropriate safety and other student-specific intervention techniques
- be a team player or is willing to be part of a positive team, etc.
- facilitate and interact with learner at his/her own communication level
- communicate clearly and effectively
- follow written and/or verbal instructions.
$13.77 per hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
To be considered for this position, you must register and submit an electronic application and resume on the Utah
State Jobs website www.statejobs.utah.gov. The job number for this recruitment is 20208.
The State of Utah is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age or disability. The State provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the
application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at 801-538-3025.