Warehouse Driver Helper
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Garth Hunt, Operations Manager at (385)-646-8487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Multiple Positions Available!
Hours per week: 29
|Job Title||Warehouse/Driver Helper|
|Department||Bates Central Kitchen|
|Supervisor||Manager / Director|
|Last Review Date||July 2018|
Assist warehouse manager with receiving, storing, and pulling product for orders. Helps maintain a safe and clean warehouse. Assists in inventory. Helps load and unload trucks. Assists truck drivers in loading, transporting, and handling materials, merchandise, milk, and equipment to the various schools. May drive trucks as needed. Assist with preventive maintenance as needed. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Receives and offloads vendor delivery trucks
- Performs a variety of warehouse tasks
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, shelving, etc.
- Stocks product
- Assist in keeping accurate inventory levels
- Pulls orders for school deliveries
- Operates forklifts and pallet jacks and other equipment to organize, stock and rotate product
- Assists in keeping the warehouse clean and safe
- Helps load and unload trucks
- Assist truck drivers with deliveries
- May drive truck to transport food, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Assists in keeping trucks clean
- Assist with preventive maintenance
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Utah Driver’s license
Required Prior Experience
No prior experience required
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Warehouse/Driver Helps must understand the receiving, stocking, picking, pulling, packing, and transporting of food deliveries for schools.
- Possess basic ability in oral and written communications
- Basic mathematical skills
- Forklift certification or willing to obtain
Assigned Decision Making
Must take direction well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with staff, managers, directors, vendors, and other district personnel.
Standard commercial kitchen working conditions including very high humidity, frequent temperature change, and unpleasant odors. Temperatures can range from below freezing in the freezers, to quite hot near cooking equipment and dishwashers.
May be required to work in conditions subject to heat, noise, cold, and high humidity.
Considerable pressure to meet food preparation and delivery deadlines.
May be exposed to various chemicals in certain circumstances.
Workflow is variable and may have multiple interruptions with pressure to complete work tasks.
May drive in inclement weather.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and move items over 130 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.