Comprehensive Guidance Clerk
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Jordan Kjar, Assistant Principal, at (385)-646-6907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title||Comprehensive Guidance Clerk|
|Department||College & Career Readiness|
|Supervisor||Principal / Director|
|Salary Schedule||Hourly Classified|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||June 2020|
This position operates under the jurisdiction of the Granite School District Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Department and the local school counselors. Assists counselors in classroom guidance activities, classroom presentations and career instruction in computer labs. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Assist counselors in preparation of classroom guidance activities, classroom presentations and career exploration.
- CCR-Plan - Prepare, organize, and schedule individual and group meetings with students and parents.
- Track student CCR-Plan participation of all students seen by counselors with and without parents. General clerical help for the counselors i.e., organizing student information, communication to students, parents, and faculty, CCR-Plan materials, etc. (does not to include receiving, organizing, scanning, or transferring “CUM” folders).
- Assist in the scheduling and course selection of students i.e., collection of registration materials, input of schedules, add slips, drop slips, emergency schedule changes and other data entry when needed.
- Maintain the counseling program budget—keep receipts of all expenditures and copies of all paperwork.
- Attend team and staff meetings to record minutes.
- Attend district quarterly counseling clerk meetings.
- Maintain the school counseling bulletin boards and yearly program calendar, including dates for classroom and grade-level activities.
- Schedule appointments for counselors and keep a log of weekly activities.
- Any other activities deemed necessary by the counselors to assist the implementation of the comprehensive counseling and guidance program standards.
- Maintain evidence file for comprehensive counseling and guidance program review.
- Assist counseling team in producing and assembling program materials for comprehensive counseling and guidance program review.
- Other duties as assigned*
*This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an employee assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of education, knowledge, and experience requirements; the machines, tools and equipment used; background; and any licenses or certifications required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Required Prior Experience
Some office or customer service experience preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Utah Model for Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to check written communication for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and correct sentence and paragraph structure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn web page design.
- Basic math skills
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to use these skills during tense and stressful situations.
Making decisions within guidelines.
Handles routine daily problems.
Interactions with Others
Positive interaction of students, teachers, support personnel, parents, and administrators.
Financially responsible to maintain and track purchases and follow purchasing guidelines.
General office conditions. May be exposed to illness.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Some lifting/pushing/pulling but mostly under 20 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.