Job | Posted 6 days ago
• Ensure students are safely seated throughout bus route
• Maintain appropriate student behavior
• Work with parents and staff regarding specific methods of assistance
• Individual positions may be responsible for some or all of the listed duties and/or
other related duties
• Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit.
• Principles and practices of administration and management.
• Agency or program rules, regulations, and operating procedures.
• Bus evacuation procedures
• Proper lifting procedures
• Working with sensory impaired children
• Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in a word related document
• Communicate information and ideas effectively so others will understand
• Lift non-ambulatory students and equipment
• Must be able to pass FBI and State background check.
• Positions working directly with students must obtain CIT (Crisis Intervention
Training), CPR, and First Aid certification
• Must be able to pass post offer physical
• ASL (American Sign Language) skills if working with deaf staff/students
• Defensive Driver Training Program to be completed by all agency personnel that
drive on state business
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
AZ State School for the Deaf and Blind
PO Box 88510 , Tucson, AZ 85754
At the following locations
7654 North 19th Avenue , Phoenix, AZ 85021
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143