Job | Posted 20 days ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Madison County Public Schools is seeking an Elementary School Counselor for the 2021-2022 school year. The successful applicant should possess intellectual depth and breadth, a strong work ethic, a capacity for communication and leadership, noteworthy educational and leadership experience, and an appreciation of innovative practice. The candidate must also possess the capacity to inspire the school community through visualizing new possibilities for a global education in an environment of innovation, collaboration, and mutual respect. This person will collaborate with teachers and division leadership, as well as other stakeholders to help maintain a mentally healthy educational environment and ensure students are provided with 21st century psychological, social, and educational resources.
- A Pupil Personnel Services License or be eligible for one.
- Thorough knowledge of counseling theories, skills, and group dynamics.
- Strong knowledge of IDEA, FERPA and laws concerning student rights and confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of student database systems.
- The ability and knowledge to recommend innovative intervention methods, resources, and high impact practices
- Ability to lead discussions, meetings, and guide group consensus for various demographics.
- Knowledge of Virginia Standards of Learning, procedures and interpretation of scores.
- Provide services to students in areas of academic, personal/social and career development.
- Conduct individual academic program planning and updating of 4-yr plans.
- Prepare students for graduation including, scheduling classes, verification of credits, scholarships, and diploma plans.
- Evaluations and recommendations of current and new intervention strategies, resources, and other student support services.
- Serve as a resource for students and parents.
- Prepare reports, records, lists and all other required information and data.
- Working with staff members to analyze multiple layers of data, identify students in need, and work with building administration to provide layers of support.
- Respects student confidentiality while maintaining the safety and welfare for all students and staff.
- Perform related work as required.
SALARY RANGE: $43,860 – $65,470; 10 month/200-day Teacher contract
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: START DATE: August 2021
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online application: www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us
Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison County Schools
P.O. Box 647 , Madison, VA 22727
At the following locations
Madison Primary School
158 Primary School Drive , Madison, VA 22727
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801