Job | Posted 19 days ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Madison County Public Schools is seeking a Spanish Teacher for William Wetsel Middle School for the 2021-2022 school year. The successful applicant should possess intellectual depth and breadth, a strong work ethic, a capacity for communication and leadership, noteworthy teaching and leadership experience, an appreciation of innovative practice, and a track record of proven achievement. The candidate must also possess the capacity to inspire the school community through visualizing new possibilities for a global education in an environment of innovation, collaboration, and mutual respect. This person will create an academic environment that will motivate students at different levels of learning and has the ability to make learning student-centered while incorporating technology-based resources to accelerate student achievement.
- A Collegiate or Postgraduate Professional License or eligible for a Virginia license and endorsed to teach in the subject to be taught or a Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish foreign language or a major in Spanish with the proper qualified courses.
- Must have considerable experience creating an academic environment that will motivate students at different levels of learning and the ability to make learning student-centered.
- Must be able to teach and understand how one learns a foreign language.
- Must possess an understanding of the skills and processes outlined in the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL).
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain high standards for self and students and present instruction in an interesting, creative, and innovative manner.
- Prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials aligned to the curriculum.
- Instructing students in a supportive manner that addresses multiple learning styles and promotes high expectations.
- Creates an engaging classroom environment that provides for active student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve at the highest level.
- Must be willing to teach more than one grade level and work in a cooperative and collaborative manner with the site coordinator, administrators, other teachers, parents, and students.
- Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, curriculum framework, and knowledge of student growth and development.
- Partnering with other teachers in coordinating academic standards, instructional programs, curriculum and other building level initiatives.
- Must be a team player and willing to plan and work with other teachers on a daily basis.
SALARY RANGE: $43,860 - $65,470; 10 month/200-day Teacher contract
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open Until Filled START DATE: August 2021
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online application: www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us
Additional information is available by contacting Cathy Jones, Assistant Superintendent, at 540-948-3780 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison County Schools
P.O. Box 647 , Madison, VA 22727
At the following locations
William Wetsel Middle School
186 Mountaineer Ln , Madison, VA 22727
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801