Speech Language Pathologist 2021-2022
Posted a month ago
TITLE: SPEECH LANGUAGE THERAPIST/PATHOLOGIST
- College degree, training, and clinical experience in the area of speech and hearing
- Certification as a Speech Therapist/Pathologist from the Arizona Department of Education
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Previous school experience preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as Paradise Schools may find appropriately acceptable.
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Exceptional Student Services Director, principals and teaching staff.
JOB GOALS: The person in this role will reduce or eliminate speech and hearing impediments that interfere with a student’s ability to derive full benefit from the district’s educational programs. The SLP will perform any and all necessary duties encompassed in the position stated above which shall include the following duties:
- Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a program for speech involvement.
- Provides a therapeutic program to meet individual needs of speech and hearing handicapped children.
- Assists and guides teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
- Provides thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, hearing, and language impairments.
- Provides screening to identify speech handicapped children at regular intervals & specific levels.
- Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual students’ needs and correct existing speech or language handicaps.
- Collaborates with classroom teachers and other staff members to implement therapy by suggestions for the students’ daily activities.
- Provides information and support to parents and families when appropriate.
- Keeps thorough records on students receiving therapy or other school-provided speech services.
- Maintains a list of referred, screened, and eligible students.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 180 days per year. Hours normally 7:30am - 3:30pm.
EVALUATION: At least annually by Exceptional Student Services Director and Principals.