Custodian - multiple locations
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Routine manual labor associated with the daily cleaning of facilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet minimum, necessary and special qualifications and perform each essential performance responsibility satisfactorily.
- The essential performance responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
- Remove and properly dispose of trash in all buildings and grounds
- Scrub, strip and refinish floors, dust mop, wet mop, sweep and spray-buff floors
- Vacuum, shampoo and clean rugs and carpet
- Scrub and clean restroom fixtures and keep restrooms supplied
- Dust, polish and clean by washing walls, doors, windows, lockers, furniture, woodwork and other above floor surfaces including those only accessible via ladder or other established lifting apparatus as required
- Replace light bulbs in overhead fixtures including those only accessible via ladder
- Move furniture and set up rooms for special events
- Notify supervisor of equipment conditions and facility needs
- Perform minor building maintenance
- Check all fire extinguishers monthly
- Check all restrooms for running water or overflows
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Principal, Maintenance Supervisor or Head Custodian
- Model non-discriminatory behavior at all times and follows established safe work practices
- Follow established MCPS policies and procedures at all time
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to use equipment.
- To see and read printed material with or without vision aids.
- Speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly.
- Physical agility to lift and carry up to 40 pounds unassisted; to push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, walk, climb a ladder and reach overhead.
NECESSARY AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment. Sufficient strength, agility, dexterity and oral/written communication skills required to perform all performance responsibilities.
Ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment. Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with Head Custodian and co-workers.
REPORTS TO: Principal, Maintenance Supervisor or Head Custodian
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary according to the School Board Pay Scale
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Mecklenburg County Public Schools
P.O. Box 190 , Boydton, VA 23917
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801