Elementary School Counselor 2021-2022
Posted 8 days ago
TITLE: SCHOOL COUNSELOR
- Arizona School Counselor certification
- Master’s degree in school counseling
- 3 or more years of counseling experience preferred
- Fingerprint clearance card
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as Paragon may find acceptable.
- Experience as a school counselor implementing the ASCA National Model
- Experience advocating for school counseling programs to all stakeholder groups
- Establishing professional relationships within the school and the school community to enhance student achievement
- Experience in the use of technology in research, school counseling program development, management, and delivery
- Actively involved in school community
- Leadership experience
- Ability to work with diverse populations and cultures
- Desire for continued professional development
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To promote student success through the implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses the academic, and personal/ social needs of students.
- Provide an array of counseling services/programs to improve student’s social and emotional well-being to allow students to gain confidence in a safe environment that enables students to be successful, caring, and knowledgeable members of our community.
- Provide counseling services to students qualifying for school based counseling as determined by counselor, IEP team, administrator, appropriate staff, outside agencies, and/or 504 Team.
- Develop appropriate counseling plans for qualifying student to determine goals, level of service, communicate progress appropriately, and exit determination.
- Maintain records of service times and frequency for each student within counseling program and supply this report to administration on agreed timeline.
- Coordinate with classroom teacher, staff, leadership team, parents, and students to determine recommended counseling service type, frequency, and duration. (one-on-one/small group/whole class lesson)
- Provide whole class lessons on variety of topics approved by leadership team as determined by character education program, Olweus Bully Prevention Program, or by teacher request.
- Communicate with parents and other authorized individuals about student social and emotional progress; keeping within confidentially guidelines.
- Attendance and participation in appropriate staff, student, or individual meetings (IEP, 504 Plan, Request for Assistance, etc.)
- Utilize appropriate software to document, track, and report student service, frequency, and progress. (e-IEP Pro, Oscar, or other programs as determined)
- Timely communication with Special Education Director to coordinate counseling program.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork in student files including appropriate permission slips, counseling plan, IEP, 504 Plan, and/or other pertinent information.
- Other responsibilities as determined by leadership team
Contract Length: Per Paradise Schools calendar
Evaluation: Annually at a minimum by Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt