Head Volleyball Coach ~ UHS
POSITION: HEAD VOLLEYBALL COACH with possible teaching position ~ UINTAH HIGH SCHOOL
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
Uintah School District is committed to provide a teaching contract for the successful coaching candidate, when the candidate is a well-qualified and certified teacher
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the school principal, the coach is to help participating students achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self esteem.
- Appropriate experience needed for coaching;
- Maintain team organization, discipline, and good relationships with people;
- Assist with scheduling and prepare for practices and games;
- Properly manage and care for equipment and supplies;
- Assist with development of the program;
- Must be an example of ethical behavior and moral character;
- Assist with planning and chaperone any out-of-town games;
- Enforce and follow school athletic policies and by-laws;
- Assist with insurance, physicals and transportation forms;
- Work with transportation director in making transportation arrangements.
- High School Diploma required;
- Successful experience working with secondary students;
- Evidence of coaching experience, training or degree in coaching, experience as a coach or an advisor;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a teaching license.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address your skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members;
- Copies of college transcripts (if applicable).
- Utah Teaching License (if applicable)
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Salary: As per district UHSAA Sanctioned Coach Salary Schedule
Deadline for Applying: Open until filled