Educational Technology Specialist (Secondary Ed Tech)
Application Deadline: Open Until March 31, 2021
Educational Technology Specialist-Secondary Ed Tech
The chief responsibility of an Educational Technology Specialist is to provide Tooele County School District (e.g. administration, staff, students etc.) with high quality educational technology professional development and support. They will help staff blend online resources and technology with quality traditional teaching and learning techniques. As an integral part of the Teaching and Learning Department, the Educational Technology Specialist reports directly to Curriculum Director over Ed Techs. They will play a key role in the Digital Teaching and Learning Initiative.
Effectively assist with the development and implementation of the Tooele County School District’s digital teaching and learning initiative.
- Develop and provide educational technology professional development and support aligned with the District’s mission and goals.
- Develop and maintain good relations with administrators, teachers and support staff throughout the district.
- Problem-solve with other EdTechs, Technology Department personnel, Curriculum Department personnel, and other departments to develop solutions to meet the needs of teachers and schools.
- Participate in planning and executing annual district trainings (e.g. TCSD Summit, New Educator Orientation).
- Work closely with New Teacher Mentors in supporting Level 1 educators.
- Work closely with secondary teachers in supporting the implementation of Canvas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Currently licensed teacher
- Must be willing to gain an Educational Technology Endorsement.
- Willing to pursue technology certifications and badges
- Willing to pursue additional personal professional development, including conferences and certifications
Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Experience teaching Secondary (7-12) or Higher Ed required.
- Experience using Canvas required.
- Experience using educational technology in the classroom.
- Must be a strong team-oriented character willing to adapt to assignments as necessary.
- Maintain a positive, customer-service approach.
- Willing to learn and improve as a professional.
- Must have a strong sense of collaboration.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must maintain the ability to meet deadlines both (self-imposed and supervisor imposed).
- Must be available to work occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Must possess and maintain a Utah driver’s license.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Full-time, 260 day Contract
- District Administrative Salary Schedule: Supervisor
- Level: Based on experience
- Benefit Eligible at a certified rate
- 10 days sick leave and 24 days annual leave per fiscal year
- Immediate start (this is negotiable)