Adult Cleaner-Part Time at Operations and Transportation Facilities
This opening is for our adult cleaning position which will start in the afternoon.
Maintains an attractive, sanitary and safe facility for staff and public and ensures that assigned tasks are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
- Cleans assigned facilities and grounds (e.g. Operations Building offices, Transportation Facilities, Warehouse 2 offices, restrooms in all buildings, cafeteria/break rooms, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items.
- Performs minor, job related, maintenance on custodial equipment, office furniture and fixtures (e.g. change vacuum cleaner belts, bags, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items.
- Replenishes office and rest room supplies (e.g. paper towels, hand sanitizer, soap, etc) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to immediate safety and /or operational concerns (e.g. blood born pathogen hazards, spills, sanitizing, etc) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to inquiries from staff and visitors for the purpose of providing information or taking appropriate actions.
- Supports other site maintenance staff for the purpose of completing site custodial activities.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information and skills required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Willingness to learn and works well with others.
- Shampoo & Extract Carpet as needed and directed.
- May be assigned to help in other buildings as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be 21 years or older to apply.
- Must have a current driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Job related experience is desired.
- Specific skill-based competencies include: operating equipment used in industrial maintenance including electrical cleaning equipment, common tools, etc.; adhering to safety practices; handling hazardous materials, and problem solving.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies include: methods of industrial cleaning, safety practices and procedures; codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies/ and material handling techniques
- Specific ability-based competencies include: adapting to changing work priorities; meeting deadlines and schedules, working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions, decision making,mechanical aptitude, reliability, and working flexible hours. Ability to problem solve, work with a diversity of individuals, schedule activities, and use job-related equipment.
- Will work under the direct supervision of the Custodial Supervisor using standardized procedures.
- Physical demands include: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and fine finger dexterity.
- Travel between buildings required.
19 hours per week, time card position
Salary Schedule Support Professionals Level A1 $12.25 an hour.
Not Benefit Eligible