Job | Posted a month ago
School Bus Assistant (Transportation Spec Ed Para)
Non-contract, no benefits
Hourly rate: 11.64
Starting date: ASAP
- Name: Vicki Skinner
- Phone: 801-610-8852
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of School Bus Assistant (Transportation Spec Ed Para) is done for the purpose/s of providing support within the student transportation services area with specific responsibilities for assisting special education students during transport to and from school and/or special activities; and ensuring the safety and sanitation of assigned vehicles.
- Ability to pick up (from seat height of 16 inches) and carry a 50 pound object 35 feet within 20 seconds and drag a 125 pound object on the ground 50 feet within 30 seconds for the purpose of securing a child's safety.
- Assists special education students and other passengers/students for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
- Instructs students for the purpose of enforcing rules/regulations and maintaining student safety and well being.
- Monitors students with special needs until released to teacher, instructional assistant, parent, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the safe transportation of all passengers.
- Prepares reports (e.g. incident reports, passenger misconduct, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Reports observations and/or incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel for their action.
- Secures students and/or their equipment (e.g. restraints, wheel chair tie downs, seat belts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
- Attends in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Pre-Employment Proficiency Test may be required.
- Must pass yearly physical assessment
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338