Job | Posted a month ago
School Bus Driver
Non-contract, no benefits.
Hours a day : 4-5
Hourly rate: $19.55
Starting date: ASAP
- Name: Vicki Skinner
- Phone: 801-610-8852
- Email: email@example.com
The job of School Bus Driver (Transportation Bus Driver) is done for the purpose/s of providing support within the student transportation services area with specific responsibilities for transporting students over scheduled routes; over assigned routes in the case of special needs students; and/or students and staff to/from special excursions; ensuring vehicle operation is in safe operating condition; and ensuring safety of students during transport, loading and unloading from buses.
- Ability to pick up (from seat height of 16 inches) and carry a 50 pound object 35 feet within 20 seconds and drag a 125 pound object on the ground 50 feet within 30 seconds for the purpose of securing a child's safety.
- Advises students and other passengers of appropriate behavior for the purpose of reinforcing established guidelines and maintaining passenger safety.
- Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential emergency situations (e.g. road hazards, medical emergencies, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of resolving and/or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions and/or addressing certification requirements.
- Cleans assigned vehicle's interior for the purpose of ensuring safety, appearance, and sanitation of vehicle.
- Conducts emergency evacuation drills for the purpose of ensuring efficiency of procedures and complying with mandated requirements.
- Fuels assigned vehicle (e.g. oil, water, fuel, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
- Informs other school personnel and parents of events, policies and/or practices (e.g. scheduled stops, established routes, route conditions, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or clarification of procedures.
- Monitors students and other passengers during transit for the purpose of ensuring the safe transportation of all passengers.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying with mandated guidelines.
- Prepares reports (e.g. field trips reports, incident reports, inspections records, passenger misconduct, mileage logs, student counts, routing information, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Reports observations and/or incidents of student behavior (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel for action
- Responds to inquiries from students, parents, and/or staff for the purpose of providing the necessary information regarding transportation services.
- Transports students and other passengers over scheduled routes to and from school and/or field trips in a safe and timely manner for the purpose of meeting requested transportation needs of the District.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 21+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CDL License
- Pre-Employment Proficiency Test may be required.
- Must pass yearly physical assessment.
- Within 3 years from hire employees must successfully complete District designed comprehensive certification curriculum.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338