Occupational Therapist (21/22 SY)
Supervisor: Ms. Kimbery Judge, Director of Special Education
Employment Period: 10 months
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: 2021-2022 school year
Closing date: Open until filled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides diagnostics and eligibility reports for students referred and provides therapy to eligible students.
- Provides therapy services that include bending, squatting, kneeling, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Provides consultation to professional staff and parents regarding strategies or techniques to meet student needs.
- Provides for care and maintenance of therapy equipment and materials.
- Completes documentation required for the billing of Medicaid.
- Maintains student files with referral information, IEP copy, attendance card, and ongoing progress notes.
- Communicates with district and school staff, students, and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Special Education.
- Professional license issued by the State of Virginia.
- Experience with school-age population preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Good organizational, human relations, and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of special education laws and regulations.
- Good knowledge of occupational therapy diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Good knowledge of policies and procedures of the assigned campus, including rules of student life and classroom procedures.
- Ability to prepare and report occupational therapy diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Ability to use technology in therapeutic procedures.
- Ability to instruct students with fine motor and sensory disorders.
- Ability to function as a member of a campus faculty while providing specialized therapeutic services to identified students.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, teachers, campus and district staff.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. Please upload the following documents:
- Resume (required to be uploaded)
- Reference forms completed by all persons listed as references (minimum of two)
- License (if issued)
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: