Elevated Eats Cafe Team Lead
Elevated Eats Lead Cook
Under the direct supervision of the Child Nutrition Director. Lead Cook supervises food services activities at assigned site, organize food preparation activities, assists cooks with food preparation and serving, supervises and manages kitchen staff to ensure compliance of standardized menu and recipes, confirms quantities and quality of food items which are to be served, provide written reports, comply with mandated health requirements, ensure kitchen and dining area are in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership and motivation to team and ensures they are always effective.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, storage areas, food preparation and serving areas, as needed, for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes, if required, for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste of food items
- Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance and temperature for the purpose of presenting items that will be accepted by patrons.
- Inspects food and/or supply deliveries for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health requirements.
- Inventory and order food, condiments, supplies and equipment at specified intervals for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Manages and monitors site operations for the purpose of providing a safe clean, sanitary working environment and efficient food services at the assigned site in compliance with mandated nutritional requirements and health standards.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares a variety of documentation (e.g. meal program records, reconciliation reports, cash summary, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information and processes receipts for the purpose of completing and documenting transactions and /or preparing bank deposits.
- Responds to inquiries staff and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding available food items and/or food service policies and practices.
- Manages kitchen staff to ensure tasks and carried out correctly and safely, performs yearly performance reviews of kitchen staff.
- Quote, prepare, serve, and invoice customers for catering related activities.
- Operate and train staff on P.O.S. system including inventory, and cash/credit card transaction.
- Implement and train staff on Mobile/Online order procedure.
- Travel between Café location and central offices may be required to attend meetings or deliver paperwork.
- Works in standard Kitchen and Dining area working environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form and report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to positively market breakfast, lunch, to patrons.
- Ability to schedule activities, meetings, safety meetings and/or events.
- Strong computer skills, and ability to run Microsoft office suite (i.e. Excel, Word), operate ordering programs for placing orders from vendors.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to budget and perform cost control.
- Ability to operate and train personnel on equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2 years’ experience in the food service industry.
- Current Serve Safe Certification (Possess current certification within 90 days of hire).
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Application Procedure: Apply through Applitrack via school district website. www.tooeleschools.org
NOTICE: This is a new position and new business venture. Starting position will be part-time status. But position will become full-time in the event of labor needs and revenue support the additional salary and benefit costs. Daily hours will average to not exceed 29.5 per week continually and regularly. Pay will start on level T1 ($16.26 an hour) of TCSD Support Professional Salary Schedule (Time Card Position) and could increase based upon food service experience.