Special Education Para-Educator I - Elementary
Job | Posted a month ago
Special Education Para-Educator I
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5
Hourly rate: $11.64
- Name: Alexis Baggett
- Phone: 801-610-8117
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Special Education Para-Eeducator I is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of special needs students in the regular classroom or in a self-contained classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior during non-classroom time; and providing information to appropriate school personnel.
Applicants would work with students grades 1-4 in a special ed special class who have significant cognitive disabilities. Applicants would work under the direction of the classroom teacher helping with learning activities, student behaviors and physical (feeding, toileting) needs. Hours M-F 9:00-3:30.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel, for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or
- reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring students success in school.
- Attends in meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338