Job | Posted 3 days ago
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Clay Pearce, Principal, at (385)-646-4387
Hours per week: 29
|Job Title||ESL Instructor|
|Salary Schedule||Adult Education|
|Lane Placement||VII - VIII|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||January 2021|
Provide instruction to English Language Learners with the purpose of improving language and reading skills. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Follow the Granite Peaks curriculum
- Use research-based instructional strategies
- Use classroom technology
- Maintain records of student attendance
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
Must have a bachelor’s degree and TESOL or ESL endorsement.
Teaching license preferred
Required Prior Experience
Teaching experience preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies.
- Ability to properly use technology for instruction.
- Ability to show patience and tenacity and be responsive to feedback.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptive in responding to student needs.
Makes decisions concerning the best way to instruct while following the Granite Peaks curriculum. Must take directions well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, staff, teachers, administration, and other district personnel.
Work setting is mainly in the classroom. May be asked to work inside or outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather. May experience stress from disruptive students and/or groups of students.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time
Granite School District
2500 South State Street , Salt Lake City, UT 84115
At the following locations
GRANITE PEAKS LEARNING CENTER
501 East 3900 South , Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338