Job | Posted 5 days ago
Job Title: Transportation Route Coordinator
Reports To: Transportation Director/Assistant Supervisor/Operations Director
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to meet effectively with parents and the general public.
- Ability to listen and resolve conflicts between drivers, parents, and students.
- Must have knowledge of general office procedures to include typing, computer knowledge, filing, and basic mathematical knowledge.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software programs to maintain district and state reports and other correspondence.
- Hold a current CDL or be willing to obtain one.
Under the direction of the Transportation Director, the Transportation Route Coordinator will:
- Be willing to learn and become proficient in using current routing and vehicle location software.
- Assist with routing, pick-up times and locations, make necessary corrections to routing software.
- Knowledge of school boundaries within Tooele County School District.
- Assist the Transportation Director with all Federal, State and District reports.
- Assist with scheduling activity and field trips.
- Assist Transportation Director with bus driver assignments.
- Coordinate substitute drivers in making sure all routes are covered.
- Other assignments (in area of responsibility) as designated by the Transportation Director.
- Keep accurate records and complete all required reports in the following areas:
- Route descriptions: Student rosters; mile/minutes (A1, used for State Reporting); knowledge of routes so information may be given to new or substitute drivers and parents.
- Drivers’ time and attendance reports.
- Assist the Transportation Director in carrying out the duties as needed according to present workload.
- Answer telephone, receive messages for drivers and solve schedule problems that need immediate attention.
- Assign spare buses in the event of early morning breakdowns and ensure that all connected departments are properly notified of any changes.
- Coordinating ability is necessary during liaison responsibilities between different authorities and/or servicing or support departments.
- Communicate any necessary messages and/or changes to the various drivers involved.
- Interact with a variety of personalities and the pressures involved with resolving driver and public complaints.
- Must be able to adapt to changing working conditions and work load as circumstances dictate.
- Adapt to a variety of work assignments and scheduling.
40 Hours per week
Support Professional Salary Schedule Level Z1
FSLA Status: Non Exempt
Tooele County School District
92 So. Lodestone , Tooele, UT 84074
At the following locations
975 South Coleman Street , Tooele, UT 84074
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338