College and Career Connection Specialist
The College and Career Connection Specialist will serve a unique role of spearheading the “100% Path to College and Career” program at Frayser Community Schools, an initiative that provides high school students with pathways to college or a career upon graduation. The CCC Specialist is an integral part of the FCS team, supporting alumni as they pursue higher education or career opportunities.
The specialist will be charged with managing a caseload of 9th - 12th grade students and recent FCS alumni, providing advising services focused on college and career planning. Additionally, the specialist will build relationships with employers and outside partners to provide internship opportunities for high school students and job opportunities for upcoming graduates and FCS alumni.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and maintain sustainable relationships with school partners, students, and families—related to college and career readiness.
• Assist students with identifying personal interests and life goals by administering aptitude tests/assessments.
• Provide career advising to alumni who have graduated high school within three years.
• Provide career coaching, including seminars and workshops around interviewing, resume building, communication skills, and other professional development topics.
• Plan and execute college application workshops for target alumni.
• Assists students and graduates with job placement upon graduation.
• Track and maintain current data (contact information, grades/standardized test scores, college admissions, financial aid/scholarships, etc.) using an Alumni Services database.
• Research/assist students with placement in summer opportunities/programs/internships
• Plan and execute an annual college and career transition event for seniors and alumni
• Participate and assist in planning of Public Relations activities to help promote Frayser Community Schools’ college and career programming.
• Research and stay current on higher education programs, trends, and issues with student impact and make recommendation based on practices and research.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Experience working or volunteering with underserved students and families.
• Flexibility and willingness to contribute when necessary on projects outside of own department.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams and schools.
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and social media tools.
• Ability to connect with people from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and professional backgrounds.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com