Child Nutrition 3 Hour Cook- Old Mill Elementary *Temporary Position*
Under the direct supervision of the Lunchroom manager to cook food items that meet mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students or school personnel; verifying quantities and specifications of orders; maintaining facilities in a sanitary condition; and assisting assigned food service personnel in performing their functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of mainlining required sanitary conditions.
- Cooks food, prepared and/or from scratch for the purpose of meeting nutritional requirements based on the production record.
- Inspects food items for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders to meet preparation requirements and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Stocks food, condiments and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and security of items.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. inventory and supply lists, machine logs, temperature logs, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance and temperature for the purpose of presenting items that will be accepted by students and/or staff.
Performs other related duties as assigned (e.g. computerized payments, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a high school diploma and be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have valid Food Handlers Permit.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to perform physical activities without difficulty.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals, and maintain confidentiality of information regarding students employees and others.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
Ability to perform physical activities including lifting and standing.
Apply on line
*Part Time, 3 hrs/day, time card, 177 days per year
Support Professional Employees Salary Schedule Level H1
Not Benefit Eligible
*Position is temporary due to increase in meals served. Although it is temporary there will be an option to transfer to another position within TCSD, including another kitchen, when this position concludes.*