English Language Development Educational Assistant
English Language Development - Instructional Aide
Hiring Pay Range: $13.06 - $13.86 /hr, DOE
Schedule: 30 hrs/wk Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
10 months, 188 paid workdays per year
Locations: Canyon View Elementary, Ventana Vista Elementary & Esperero Canyon Middle Schools
Target Start Date: ASAP
Definition: Under general supervision, performs work of moderate difficulty providing content area support to English Language Learners.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics.
This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Provides content area support to students whose primary language is not English;
- Meets with parents of ESL students to review students’ needs and progress;
- Provides assistance in assessing students to determine English language proficiency;
- Meets with the ELL coordinator and reviews student progress;
- Assists teachers in implementing SEI strategies and providing alternative forms of classroom assessment;
- Provides other related duties, as assigned.
- Knowledge of proper English grammar, usage and spelling
- Knowledge of language instructional methods
- Knowledge of language assessment methods
- Skill in delivering established ESL curriculum
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, administrators, students and parents
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience teaching English as a Second Language to children and/or adolescents
Valid Arizona driver’s license and clear driving record