Front Desk Receptionist (Medical Records Clerk)
JOB TITLE: School Secretary (Medical Records) (FLSA: Non-exempt)
JOB LENGHTH: 7-hour day while students are in session. This is a 10-month position.
JOB OBJECTIVE(S): A Main Office School Secretary (Medical Records) that works in the GMSD school system has primary objectives that are to assist with greeting customers, organizing meetings, managing calendars, keeping records and executing verbal and written communications that are delegated from the principal.
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Sufficient experience so that with appropriate training, services may be provided in the specific role for which employed.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriateand acceptable
These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs, and directs or escorts them to the proper person
- Performs general responsibilities as directed by the principal
- Maintains job standards and training for assigned tasks (i.e. medical records, attendance assistance, reception, etc.)
- Maintains job standards and training for the role of medical records clerk in support of the school nurse.
- Dispenses medication to students as directed by board policies and procedures as a back-up to the school nurse.
- Maintains correspondence, invoices and other records in an efficient manner
- Types a variety of materials such as letters, reports, memos, and administrative reports
- Maintains school activity and principals calendar, as needed. Assists other administrators as needed.
- ?Performs other duties that may be assigned by the principal.
- Customer service skills that are friendly and courteous
- Organizational skills that are detailed orientated
- Proficient in the use of microcomputers to include spreadsheet, database and word processing applications
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively by oral and written means
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
• Performance of this job will be evaluated according to procedures established by the Human Resources Department for Classified Evaluations.
• Typical school work place environment
• Does not directly supervise any individuals.
• Significant standing; some walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Must have the ability to lift 60 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks
GMSD offers education and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, disability, genetic information, or age.