Truck Driver - BACKUP
CONTRACT POSTION - 40 Hours per week
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Dana Adams, Director, at (385)-646-4321 or email email@example.com.
Drives over established route to deliver food product and supplies to assigned schools. Pulls orders. Loads and unloads products, cages, cold boxes, carriers, into trucks. Assists with the summer cleaning and maintenance of school kitchens. Attendance and physical presence are required and is an essential function of this position.
- Operates refrigerated and non-refrigerated trucks to transport food, supplies, and equipment.
- Operates material handling and/or motorized equipment to move and transport food and supplies to and from trucks, shipping and receiving docks, and other designated locations.
- Uses order sheets to pull products ordered, verifying accuracy of specifications and quantity of orders.
- Load and secure products, cages, cold boxes, carriers, etc. into truck for assigned route to minimize product loss; checks and verifies loaded items against order sheets.
- Transport food and supplies on regular, prearranged schedules and routes to schools and other specified locations; ensure food and supplies are delivered in appropriate condition on established time schedule.
- Coordinate deliver drop off areas with schools and other specified locations; deliver food and supplies to designated area, verify delivered product with kitchen staff, confirm deliver products match order sheet.
- Respond to school call in and/or emergency requisitions, pull, deliver and/or pick up additional food, special meals, supplies, equipment outside of prearranged schedules and routes, as requested.
- Assist maintenance with lifting, moving, transporting and/or delivering new and repaired school kitchen equipment.
- Clean out, load, unload, and transport food when district-wide walk-in coolers go out.
- Make special deliveries as requested.
- Drop off and pick up Central Kitchen mail to and from school kitchens.
- Load, unload, transport, set up, and/or pick up food, supplies, and equipment for special events, catering, and Summer Feeds programs.
- Provide support for Summer Feed program by pulling, restocking supplies, fulfilling order requests, and receipting money.
- Maintain records as needed to perform delivery duties.
- May train new drivers on routes, delivery processes and district procedures relating to the proper food handling during shipping and storage.
- Perform and properly document pre-trip and post-trip visual and physical inspections.
- Prepare mileage, accident, and damage reports.
- Use and maintain fuel purchase card according to district policy.
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle’s interior and exterior.
- Service vehicles and maintain vital fluid levels as required by district procedures and vendor recommendations.
- Report equipment and vehicle mechanical and operating system repairs or problems to manage.
- Conforms to safety standards as prescribed.
- Warehousing duties may include: receiving products, offloading vendor delivery trucks, breaking down loads, moving products into freezers, refrigerators, or day storage, pulling orders, operating high lifts to drop down products for access, completing paperwork, performing physical inventory counts and cleaning warehouse and loading dock areas.
- Maintenance duties may include maintaining and perform minor preventive maintenance on trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc., and building, repairing, and rebuilding new and existing cages.
- Production and clean up duties may include cleaning and washing pans, opening, and putting meat on racks, assembling sack lunches, etc.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to read well and perform basic math computations.
- Must be skilled at driving at truck.
- Skilled in exercising extreme caution when delivering on or around school property.
- Skilled in loading trucks to facilitate quick unloading at school.
- Skilled in operating forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Utah driver’s license
CDL driver’s license or willing to obtain
Required Prior Experience
Truck driver delivery experience preferred
Assigned Decision Making
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned by the supervisors. Must take directions well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions. Concern for safety of self and others. Must be able to perform assigned tasks without on-site supervision.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, staff, teachers, administrators, other district personnel and the public.
Financially responsible to maintain and track purchase card usage and follow purchasing guidelines.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Frequent temperature changes and some hazards due to traffic, ice, snow, and use of power tailgate.
- Handles some chemicals that may be potentially hazardous, works occasionally with moderate heights.
- Considerable pressure to meet food delivery deadlines.
- Pressure may intensify when problems occur and schedules change.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to lift and/or pull up to 100 lbs., occasionally up to 130 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.