Preschool ASSERT Assistant
Job | Posted 7 days ago
Early Childhood Development/Daycare
- This position requires a dependable, patient and nurturing individual to work with 3-5-year old children in a preschool classroom setting under the direction of the Lead Teacher, ASSERT Team leader, and the Preschool Leadership Team.
- Training provided in the implementation of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) strategies, and all other aspects of the program to address educational and social needs of preschool children with Autism.
- Implements preschool program requirements with fidelity, including 1:1 programming using discrete trial, activity schedules, PECS, incidental teaching, functional behavior assessment, and data collection.
- Strong skills in problem solving, people interaction, conflict resolution, team building and communication skills.
- Paid weekly team meetings and monthly professional development provided – required attendance
- This position requires an individual to be able to lift 50 pounds, spend long periods of time on floor (kneeling or sitting), be able to run short distances to assist in safety care of children, and move about to various parts of school building while escorting and assisting children. The staff must also assist in the personal management needs of individuals with disabilities (e.g., feeding, dressing, toileting, grooming, lifting, positioning, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on a great team in an enjoyable atmosphere as part of a statewide recognized model program to meet the needs of children with Autism.
All applicants must be Highly Qualified:
- Receive passing results on the state approved Para Professional Assessment or
- Associate’s Degree or 48 semester hours of higher education
- High School Diploma or higher education
Granite School District
2500 South State Street , Salt Lake City, UT 84115
At the following locations
2500 SOUTH STATE STREET , SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84115
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338