Bus Driver Bus 21
JOB TITLE: BUS DRIVER
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED. Oklahoma CDL class B with Passenger Endorsement. Must have a State Department of Education Bus Driving certificate. CPR certification and First Aide certification is required. Job requires good driving record, periodic drug testing and annual physical. Job requires experience working with children. The Board of Education and the Superintendent may approve appropriate alternatives to the listed qualifications.
CONTRACT: Days School is in Session
WORKING HOURS: 3+ hours per day; contracted for 3 hours per day.
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
EVALUATED BY: Director of Transportation
SUPERVISES: Does not supervise
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform daily pre-trip inspection of vehicle.
- Report any suspected maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Display proper bus route signs as needed.
- Report all vehicle damages or vandalism to supervisor.
- Complete student count as scheduled.
- Drive the assigned bus route.
- Check bus passes.
- Utilize all 15-step safety procedures in driving, loading, unloading and parking the assigned vehicle.
- Understand and operate the vehicles two-way radio unit.
- Maintain an orderly bus. Follow appropriate school policies and procedures.
- After each shift or trips assigned verify that all students have exited the bus.
- After each shift or trip assigned sweep out vehicle and empty trash container.
- Properly park vehicle in assigned slot.
- Replace key on keyboard.
- Be familiar with Driver manual and State School Bus Driver manual.