Gifted Education Program Aide
Open Until Filled
Gifted Education Program Support Professional Employee/Aide
All elementary schools in TCSD
Under the direct supervision of the Curriculum Director over Accelerated Programs. Provide support to the instructional program with specific responsibility for overseeing student who qualify for the Gifted Enrichment Program. Write curriculum, organize The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) to identify students, and delivering curriculum through project-based learning with those students.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research and develop Gifted Enrichment Model (GEM) project-based learning curricula
- Train 2nd grade teachers on CogAT and giving the assessment.
- Organize the assessment schedule, materials, and other information.
- Serve as Gifted Enrichment Model (GEM) instructor to students who are identified through CogAT and other means.
- Collaborate with others (supervisor, building administrator, and teachers) for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services or programs.
- Coordinate program components, support needs, and materials for the purpose of meeting Tooele County School District and Utah State Board of Education guidelines.
- Maintain a variety of detailed records for the purpose of meeting reporting requirements (grant, student, demographics).
- Monitor student success and/or struggles for future decision-making and in providing teacher(s) consultation in gifted differentiation.
- Supervise assigned students within GEM and to and from the classroom, weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly as the program allows.
- Assist maintaining documents, files, and records for the purpose of informing parents via supervisor, building administration and completing grant requirements.
Perform any other related GEM duties as assigned.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers, scanners, and curricula materials.
Travel between schools and District Office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and perform arithmetic operations as needed.
- Ability to understand, apply, and use personal computers, document camera, manipulatives, and various software types.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees, and others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Portable in standard office and/or school building environments.
- Small groups of students.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful experience working with elementary age children a plus.
- Gifted Endorsement preferred, but not required upon hire.
- Some schools are high needs and Highly Qualified status is required (Associates degree or higher or passing score on the Parapro assessment).
29 hours per week, 178 days per year
Support Professional Employee Salary Schedule A1