Job | Posted 15 days ago
Position Summary: Athletics Clerk
Reports to: Executive Director of Secondary Schools Student Activities and Athletics
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent
• Experience: Administrative experience preferred
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions.
- Responsible for being the liaison with Talent Management onboarding all prospective teacher/coaches
- Attend athletics department staff meetings and make reports relative to onboarding and BSN expenditures
- Responsible for communication with the individuals who have applied for coaching positions at the individual school
- Assist in answering questions from prospective coaches
- Work with the Deputy Director of Athletics and the Athletics Specialist in the coaches onboarding process
- Responsible for monitoring purchases with the BSN contract
- Responsible for monitoring the coupon BSN purchases
- Assist in developing the annual OSDE accreditation report
- Work with members of the staff in developing a social media presence
- Work with members of the staff in maintaining an up to date website
- Be able to work on and meet deadlines
- Compiles and files employed coach information and data
- Ability to work collaboratively with all others district wide
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics
Skills and Abilities Required: The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Considerable knowledge of business office management, grammar, spelling and business correspondence
• Computer skills including operation, graphics, charts, spreadsheets, complex word processing, and templates
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in all aspects of the position and to deal with changing priorities
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with members of the community, school system and prospective applicants
• Manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in stressful situations
• Extensive oral and written communication skills necessary
• This role does not directly supervise any individuals
Working Conditions: Exposure to the following situations may range from remote to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable.
• Be able to sit for long periods of time without a break
• Coordinate meetings in-person or via conference call
• Frequent use of electronic mail
• No exposure to chemical or health hazards
• Primarily require working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
• Normal effort or occasional periods of light physical activity
Work Expectations: This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week.
About Team Tulsa: At Tulsa Public Schools, our mission is to inspire and prepare every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals, and make positive contributions to our world. We are the destination for extraordinary educators and staff who work with our community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers, and life. Our core values of equity, character, excellence, team, and joy guide how we work and interact with each other and our community.
- Submit an online application by clicking the green "Apply" button.
- All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Management team.
- If you are eligible to move forward, you'll receive next steps via email/phone call from the hiring manager who will engage you in the interview process.
- If the hiring manager would like to extend an offer, you'll receive a conditional offer letter via email and begin the onboarding process.
Tulsa Public Schools
3027 S. New Haven , Tulsa, OK 74114
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,775
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.32
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 142