Hybrid Priority Substitute Teacher
Position Type: Hybrid Priority Substitute Teacher
To provide face to face support for students daily.
Follow Building Cleaning Plan
Short Term Non-Degree $73.00 per day
Short Term Degree $88.00 per day
Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to assist certified professional staff with students in the classroom to meet instructional goals and objectives, and to free certified professional employees from non-professional duties such as proctoring study halls to enable them to make a contribution to other aspects of the educational program, such as curriculum development.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor students in the classroom during virtual teaching lessons provided by Teacher.
Ensures students are following Safety guidelines , such as wearing masks and maintaning at least a six foot distance between students at all times.
Assists and guides students to reinforce reading, language arts, mathematics, computer instruction, and other skills.
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs.
- Assists in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
- Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
- Assists students in non-instructional areas, such as supervising the student lunch programs, bus duty, playground duty, corridor, study hall, and other related non-instructional areas.
- Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
- Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
30 Hours of College Credit.
Transcripts are required as proof of 30 credit hours
FLSA Status: Non-exempt