COVID-19 Response/Emergency Management Coordinator
Norman Public Schools
COVID-19 Response/Emergency Management Coordinator
Job Title: COVID-19 Response/Emergency Management Coordinator
Credentials: Valid Oklahoma Driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in business related field required. Standard Administrative certificate desired.
Training or experience required: 3-4 years of directly related experience.
Site: Administrative Services Center
Reports to: Associate Superintendent/Chief Operating Officer
Contract: 260 Days
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess the need for and contribute towards the design and implementation of COVID-19-related staff health protocols and procedures.
- Ensure clear internal coordination within project teams.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a COVID-19 preparedness and response strategy.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to applicable timeframes and formats.
- Participate in the development of intervention and new proposals, links to the assess needs and gaps.
- Support the logistics activities in relation to the purchasing of COVID-19-related supplies, etc. Ensure that quality items are procured, transported, stored, etc.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of COVID-19 safety procedures including the distribution of pandemic supplies.
- Respond to student, employee, and authorized visitor questions regarding these requirements within their designated buildings and work areas.
- Serves as a resource to the Chief Operating Officer to address evolving concerns related to COVID-19 and safety precautions.
- Ensure that all personnel know and follow established safe work procedures in accordance with safety protocols.
- Conduct virtual or in-person COVID-19 safety assessments.
- Provide updates on cases for the district.
- Support all administrative work related to health and safety issues for the district, including accidents, student illness, and immunization, as well as all administrative work specifically related to COVID-19.
- Coordinates school safety plans and crisis management plans for all schools for the purpose of managing district activities in relation to the provisions of assigned programs.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns and investigates and responds to all safety concerns/issues.
- Collaborates with other agencies (e.g. law enforcement, community professionals, first responders etc.) for the purpose of communicating and/or receiving information regarding situations that may affect safety within the school environment.
- Serves as a liaison with local law enforcement agencies to monitor the daily operation of the School Resource Officer (SRO) program and other law enforcement issues through out the district.
- Coordinate various training drills including fire, weather, and mock emergency drills.
- Coordinates professional development for school safety and emergency procedures with the district administration, departments, and school staffs.
- Direct/coordinate the periodic assessment/audit of school facilities and grounds to determine safety and security issues.
- Prepare memoranda, reports, drawings, etc. related to safety and traffic issues on school campuses and forward to appropriate school and district leaders.
- Approve and monitor safety programs, procedures, and contractor performance as prescribed by contract specifications.
- Provide periodic reports to the Superintendent and the School Board on matters pertaining to school security and emergency.
- Advise and assists site-based administrators in matters of safety on school campuses. ? Collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information, problem solving, and generating recommendations to improve safety for staff, student, and other stakeholders.
- Inform personnel regarding a variety of procedures and program requirements and best practices around safety and security.
- Direct/Coordinate the periodic assessment/audit of school facilities and grounds to determines safety and security issues.
- Work directly with local law enforcement agencies during critical incident situation and follow-up.
- Receive all reports of criminal incidents occurring on school property and maintains statistics regarding this information.
- Communicate with other school systems on matters related to school safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Employees must possess the basic communication skills to exchange information, give and receive simple instructions and respond to inquiries. Employees in his position may be required to perform routine computations requiring a knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and/or percentages. Employees may be required to read and interpret routine written or printed materials such as basic blueprints, charts, diagrams, maps or instruction material. In a workday, the employee must stand/walk 4-5 hours per day. Some benchwork of about 1 hour per day. Employee’s job requires occasional bending/stooping, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, and pushing/pulling. There is frequent climbing and reaching above the shoulders. Employee’s job requires frequent carrying/lifting of up to 35 pounds and occasional lifting from 35 to 75 pounds loading electrical supplies - spools of wire, panel boards, bundles of conduit. etc. Job requires the employee to use right foot for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls; both hands for such repetitive actions requiring simple to firm grasping and/or fine manipulation. Employee must be color sighted. Employee must possess manual dexterity/visual ability to operate hand and power tools, and ladders. Must be able to read data plates, labels, blueprints, and schematics. Employee must possess hearing to distinguish normal/abnormal sounds. Must be able to communicate with fellow workers and the public. Must be able to climb ladders and steps, crouch, kneel etc.