Subsitute Cafeteria Worker
Job | Posted 5 months ago
Provides nutritious and appealing meals to students, teachers, other school personnel, and visitors.
The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following functions/tasks:
- Observes and promotes safe work practices and procedures;
- Prepares food such as main dishes, baked goods and other menu items according to standardized recipes and established food preparation procedures;
- Plans food production for the following days by preparing the designated food items ahead of time;
- Plans and implements an acceptable placement of steam-table pans on the cafeteria line prior to serving time;
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage, work, serving, and cleaning areas in an appropriate manner;
- Stores food in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage guidelines;
- Stores food in refrigerators after covering, labeling, and dating; properly discards outdated food items;
- Courteously serves food with accuracy and speed while adhering to portion control, safety and appearance standards;
- Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition;
- Sweeps and mops floors;
- Washes work tables, walls, and equipment as directed;
- Washes pots and pans according to established procedures;
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them in dishwasher following established procedures;
- Inspects cleaned dishes for cleanliness, chips, cracks, etc., and stores in the appropriate location;
- Accepts payment for food, using cash register or other means as directed by cafeteria manager;
- Follows trash separation and proper disposal procedures;
- Reports needed supplies and equipment malfunction to cafeteria manager;
- Follows established sanitary techniques while preparing and serving food and while handling clean utensils;
- Attends in-service training sessions to develop and improve knowledge and skills;
- Performs job activities in a timely efficient manner and displays a willingness to work beyond the end of the contract work time as the infrequent need arises;
- Adheres to uniform and personal hygiene requirements;
- Attend professional growth activities to keep abreast of innovative techniques for food service and child nutrition operations.
- Attend training for Child Nutrition personnel
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the cafeteria manager or Director of Food Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of high school. Experience and proficiency in quantity food service functions are preferred. Candidate must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to get along well with others.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to operate equipment; see and read printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift 50 pounds; to bend, stoop and reach overhead.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Director of Food Services / Cafeteria Manager
Richmond County Public Schools
92 Walnut Street , Warsaw, VA 22572
At the following locations
Richmond County School Board
92 Walnut Street , Warsaw, VA 22572
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801