Food Service Manager - Elementary
Supervisor: Ms. Edwina Forrest, Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Employment Period: 10 months
Employment Status: Full-time
Pay Grade: H-09
Hiring Range: $12.46 - $16.15 / hour
Start Date: Immediately
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and manages ordering, receiving, handling, preparing/cooking, storing, warming, and serving of food/meals in accordance with standards outlined in the Food & Nutrition Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Inspects and monitors the flow of food through the operation from ordering to service in accordance with all HACCP procedures, regulations from the Virginia Department of Health and Sanitation, and procedures from HCS Food & Nutrition Services.
- Maintains accurate child nutrition paperwork, including food and equipment inventories, food production records, food orders, payroll deposit slips, and financial records.
- Meets all deadlines.
- Plans and implements work schedules and assignments to maintain 17 MPLH.
- Plans and implements nutrition education promotions to increase meal participation and educate students about life-long healthy habits.
- Attends all required manager meetings and workshops.
- Trains staff in accordance with established procedures, assigns and inspects work, conducts performance evaluations, develops and executes performance improvement plans for employees.
- Operates computer using basic skills in Microsoft Office, including emails, word processing, and excel spreadsheets.
- Represents school and department, as needed, with community and parents.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent educational experience, with academic major in food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field.
- Requires two-three years experience in the food service industry.
- Two to three years experience as a food service manager or supervisor preferred.
- ServSafe Certification required.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. Please upload the following documents:
- Resume (required to be uploaded)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: